I haven’t mentioned it here yet, but I have the opportunity to attend Allume in 10 weeks in Greenville, South Carolina as I was already going to be in North Carolina that week for work. It’s a faith-based blogging conference for 400 women and I am starting to get excited!
One of the women from the God-sized Dream group started a fun link up about what your Allume roommates should know about you before going. Y’all, I am over the MOON about my two roommates who are both from the God-sized dream group I was a part of earlier this year. Mandy Mianecki is from the Great North (as I refer to anything above Oklahoma), homeschools four kids (can you just say, WOW!) and encourages women over at her blog, Hearts Undaunted. Christine Wright, who you guys have met before, is like my soul sister down in Florida. She turned 40 this year too and has four kids, one of whom is also three (boy, I’m going to be the girl in the room with the fewest number of kids this time around!), and inspires women over at her blog, Living Joel 2:25.
So here’s a few basic wacky facts for my darling roommates who hopefully won’t run after seeing they’ve signed up for this!
1. I can NOT stand to hear people brush their teeth. Even my kids. I grit my teeth and try to la-la-la my way through it. Please boot me out of the bathroom when the time comes for you to brush your teeth.
2. I love coffee. Good coffee. Not that crappy hotel room automatic coffee. Can we find some good coffee first thing? In fact, since you’re arriving before me, maybe you can scout out a spot for good coffee. Black. Three cups sometimes in the morning. Don’t judge – I don’t sleep much.
3. Apparently I talk in my sleep. Not all the time, but it happens. Been disrupting people with it since my prekindergarten nap mat days of hollering out Mickey Mouse. It’s not nearly as frequent, but on the upside, maybe you’ll learn some crazy fact about me. On the downside, that will happen at 3 am.
4. No one believes this, but I am an introvert. NO ONE believes this! I was painfully shy all the way through college and even though I’m comfortable (finally) speaking in public, I’m still an introvert and get nervous in rooms of people I don’t know. One person who gave me the Meyers Briggs test (I’m an INFP) described the introvert/extrovert difference as this – you can be in a room with an introvert and extrovert and not know the difference. The difference is the introvert is drained after spending a day around people and the extrovert is super-charged by it. That is exactly me. So I might be a little quiet at the end of the day. (Then again, I may talk to you til 2 in the morning because I am just SO excited to have a bloggy girls weekend!)
5. I love to laugh. Love it. My kids are hysterical. They crack me. I’m pretty funny too and I crack myself up. Seriously, I’ll sit here and just crack up at how funny I am sometimes. I’m a total goober. I will laugh with you til the crack of dawn. I will laugh so hard that I may wheeze or snort or, if you really get me going, pee a little in my pants. I can’t wait to laugh with you (and I’ll try to control by bladder – but I did have triplets).
Hey fellow Allumees, what’s something funny about you??? Can’t wait to meet you!