Still nothing came. I have been writing for three years and I literally couldn’t find a thing in my head to write. I have some big posts running around. I’m just not ready to write them yet. So after all that lead up Monday, nothing.
Stories will come, but in the meantime I thought I’d share other’s words for today.
1. Favorite little kids lines: The little lady is in rare form this week. She’s making these little scrolls of art and this is her plan for them: “So I’m going to go up to their door and say ‘trick-or-treat’ and then when they give me my candy I will say thank you and give them this receipt.” Y’all, she’s making receipts for her trick-or-treat candy… Then, when I warned the kids on the way to school that it might rain on Halloween and we might not be able to go trick-or-treating, she replied, “Mommy, I’m a mermaid, I can get wet.” Touche’ little bit.
2. Favorite verse this week: Ann Voskamp shared her life verse from John 3, “A person can receive only what is given them from heaven.”
3. Favorite tip of the week: Holley Gerth is doing 31 Days to Happier and yesterday she wrote about ways you can use something as simple as citrus scents to help improve your mood. What a great reminder.
4. Favorite song of the week: David Walker worship sang Hillsong’s Oceans in worship at Allume Saturday night. So powerful. “Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander. That my faith would be made stronger in the presence of my Saviour.”
5. Favorite prayer of the week: From a friend this weekend who has twins the same age as the triplets, “You gave us both multiples which means that we must have needed more humbling.” Ah, true. So true.