Out with the old, in with the new?
In today’s Fashion Friday, we say In with the Old! That’s right friends. We’re all broke after Christmas and don’t need one more stitch of clothing/accessories/shoes.
Let’s go hunting in our closet.
I challenge you to do these five things this week to brighten up your New Year fashion:
1. Wear a scarf. Tie it a new way. Are you just worn out from accessorizing for the holidays? Well one of those old scarves needs to be dusted off and repurposed. Plus, BOY is it cold outside where most of us are so it actually serves a purpose! (This is my favorite way to wear scarves now. A boutique owner taught it to me. Throw both ends of the scarf behind you back. Leave a cowl in the front. Then cross them and bring them back to the front. Looks great with everything.)
2. Try sporting a pair of shoes with a different outfit than usual. Partner cowboy boots with tights and a skirt for work (pun intended). Don wedges with your leggings (don’t get me started, they’re yours not mine) and long furry vest. Heels with a denim jacket. You get the idea. Mix it up.
3. Find an item of clothing you haven’t worn in over six months. Wear it. It’s in there. I know it is. Look hard. If it hasn’t fit for a year, donate it. If it fits, find a way to wear it so you’ll put it back in circulation. (My friend from work says you can’t shop your own closet if you can’t see anything in it. Maybe you start with #3!)
4. Belt something. Some of you are already awesome at this. I know, I’ve seen you. Belts are my greatest fashion failing. I don’t love them. But I have them. Find one you have and figure out an outfit to pair it with.
5. Wear sparkly or dangling earrings. They will make you feel festive and bright even though it’s now cold bleak January with nary a vacation day in sight until May (unless you’re one of those lucky ones with a Spring Break trip planned).
Okay. Send me your pics! I want to see your repurposed fashion. We don’t need no stinkin’ credit card – just a little ingenuity. In with the Old!