I rarely have time to let my mind wander.
There’s a dozen things on the “urgent” to do list and at least two dozen more queuing up behind those.
But this Saturday morning, I was tired. So I just laid in bed looking out the window. And the random musings began.
For your Saturday reading pleasure, here are my random thoughts from down on the farm:
- Why does my underwear band say “Live. Life. Inspired.”? I mean, I don’t mind the sentiment, but on my underwear. It makes no sense to me.
- Why do they call this fish the sheephead? Bray and I went on a fishing trip for his birthday and I actually caught a few fish. A beautiful big redfish, a few trout, a drum, and this monstrosity called the sheephead. Apparently, if big enough, they’re good to eat. So we kept him. But his head does not look like a sheep. (See if you can spy the sheephead in the below photograph – and no points if you’re a professional fisher-person.)
- Why do I now look like a skunk at less than four weeks after the salon visit instead of six weeks? By way of background, I have been going gray since law school. Both my dad’s parents were completely white-headed in their 40s and alas so am I. But at least I used to be able to go seven weeks in between getting my roots done. I still DO go seven weeks because, well, I have a budget, but in between four and seven weeks I look like a skunk. And that’s even with my “color” being blonde. I’ve tried those root sprays, and they help, but it’s not nearly good enough.
- Since I’m having random thoughts about hair, why do women get whiskers? No one talks about this of course, but I wonder. God, being great and almighty, could have just said “Women’s faces shall be hairless!” But no. We get whiskers. I guess, in all His wisdom, he thought about all those laser technicians and wax-ers and tweezer company people that would be jobless without our facial hair.
- Related to women with facial hair, why is The Greatest Showman soundtrack so addictive? Did they put Pied-Piper-like magic in the background so we can’t stop listening? Seriously? Little bit put it on at breakfast this morning and we just started dancing because it’s MAGICAL.
Okay, that’s all I’ve got for you today.
Deep thoughts on Saturday morning by Gindi Handy… (And if you get that, you’re as old as me!)