I just realized this week that I had MISSED the two year anniversary of my blog in October. It has grown so much this past year that I feel tremendously blessed. Even more exciting, this month I will launch the blog on a new site, gindivincent.com, so stay tuned for some really fun details and give aways as that happens.
Last year, I celebrated my top five blog posts of the year. This is so hard because I’ve written over 400 blog posts which means I’m writing about 200 posts a year…….how to pick!?!? But in keeping with my tradition, here’s my favorite posts from Year Two – cannot wait to see how year three unfolds:
5. Losing Mothering – This post resonated so much in my own life, and then I found it resonated with other moms too who feel often like they just can’t keep up with all that spins around us. A theme in many of my posts is that mothering is hard but such a gift from God. (Also, if you missed it, I got some great tips from moms on how to manage the coming home from work chaos in Triplet Tot Two-Step!)
4. Clutching v. Releasing – I still struggle with this. I realize that I can be such a control freak that reading this post helped me to go back and remind myself I need to let God stay in control.
3. Easter Madness, Part 1 and Part 2 – This is just so funny to me. Easter – the celebration of our Risen Lord or…the way for commercial ventures to milk you dry. I became overwhelmed with all there was to do for two year old triplets at Easter. Hopefully, I will “check out” of the madness next year and really focus the kids on the sacrifice of our Lord.
2. The Night Before Nightmare – Okay y’all, this and its follow up post (Insert Expletive Here – which everyone remembers because of the poop-smearing) totally crack me up now because we’re still dealing with this nuttiness. It’s so weird to think that this was the year they learned to scale their cribs (which I wrote about last November) and that we converted to toddler beds, back to cribs, and back to toddler beds. There is no keeping them in. They scale the gate every night still to this day and wander around the house. It’s nuts. I need to separate them.
1. 39 Things – This was interesting because I actually got traffic from NYTimes Money blog which inspired the article, so this was my second most read blog post. This post impacted me tremendously because of what it taught me about living in, and not above, the excess. I did follow up posts over that three week challenge of reducing the glut of overspending and over-acquiring – the Second Part showed me how much I needed to get rid of, the Third Part resulted in me being stuck having eliminated the low hanging fruit, and the Finale had me outraged at how susceptible I’d become to it all. I want to teach my children differently.
One that didn’t make my list, but received the most “hits” because it was a link up to my friend Kelly’s blog, was a post entitled Triplet Nursery – it was fun to go back and see how orderly that room was with babies! That post, and the posts about our trip to Disney, were the most read but aren’t my favorites (it’s my earlier posts that practically only family read that I love the most). I had five honorable mentions last year, so I’ll do it again: These remind me of how far we’ve com – The Terrible Triplet Twos (and The Sticker in My Panties); This one summarizes how so much of my life is about the amazing women in it – Four Friendships You Gotta Have; I don’t write about marriage much but I love this because I still struggle with telling my husband “how” to do things – How To Get to San Antonio; This one just shows how much God reveals to me through the actions of my kids – Smiling Defiance. Oh, and this one explains why I keep doing all this, I really think I’m being called to some God-space I’ve not yet seen……Through The Tears, The Vision Reappears.
I hope you all will hang in there in the next couple months as I do some more growing with you and even grow on over to a new platform. Your words of empathy and encouragement have made me love writing/blogging even more – thank you for sharing my life.
[…] after celebrating my top five posts of the First Year and the Second Year, here are my favorite posts from the third […]