Merry Christmas Friends! A week out and short of a just the perfect thing for one of your people? Well I got you!
Today, instead of Fashion Friday, we’re talking Friday Finds! That’s right, I crowd-sources some favorite things and BOY DID I HIT THE JACKPOT!
There is no possible way I can cover all the great items I got in my Facebook post, so head over to Facebook and check out the public post dated December 12th if you don’t see what you need here.
There is so much material, I’m going to test some of these out and come back to this Favorite Things post again!
But I’ll try to break some of the items up into categories and tackle them. My favorite comments were some of the intangible ‘favorite things’ – laughter, smell of cut grass, etc. Ah. That’s what’s really the best!
Also, I’ll add my own two cents if you’re looking for a favorite thing for a friend or family member: EXPERIENCES!
Last night, Bray and I took the kids to Holiday Lights at Constellation Field. Just the time together, looking at lights and roasting smores on the fire pit and decorating gingerbread houses, that was the best thing ever. I’m trying to do a family surprise date once a month. It won’t always happen, but last month we all went to see Ford v. Ferrari at a theater that served food and this month was Holiday Lights. Who knows what next month will bring!?!?!
Okay, here goes!
- Voxer – this is how I talk to my best friend every day, you don’t need to know anything other than to download it and get your friends to do it too;
- Paprika 3 – apparently the best recipe collection app out there which enables you not to just collect your fav recipes but to categorize them by holidays etc;
- Hopper – this will tell you the days that are cheapest to travel and if your fare is going to go up or down;
- Down Dog Yoga – an easy download to add strength and stretching into your daily routine.
- Revlon one step hair dryer – This one got a TON of traffic with all sorts of people in all sorts of corners saying that this is life changing, it is in my Amazon basket friends (also the Dyson hair dryer got a shout out for frizzy hair);
- Eye shadow primer – I was not familiar with this cosmetic tool but several friends swear by it, one says that Target’s ELF brand is all you need while another recommends Too Faced – the key being that your mascara won’t be all over your face anymore;
- MAC Lipstick – this was a recommendation I can whole heartedly endorse, I love MAC lipsticks and our nominator says that their Russian Red looks fabulous on everyone;
- Mary Kay eye make up remover – again, this is a product I use so when I saw it nominated I jumped right in – I have never found a better eye make up remover out there (you can see I basically dabble in almost every make up brand);
- Stila eyeliner – several friends swear by this waterproof eyeliner;
- Cle de peu concealer – Revolutionary according to my friend, and I’m sort of obsessed with concealers (I report after four hours of sleep last night), but IT Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer also got the favorite things nod and it is more affordable;
- Invisibobble Traceless ponytail holder – keeps your ponytail from pressing a crease into your hair and won’t result in those awful ponytail headaches.
CATEGORY HOME GOODS:
- Electric tea kettle – this was another top vote getter, lots of folks swear by these and have them for work and for home, one recommended was the Cuisinart kettle;
- Gas fireplace – several nods for the benefit of curling up to a good book in front of a gas fireplace and I’m cozy just thinking about it;
- Portable clothing steamer – a must for travelers to have in their carry on;
- Sticker You – perfect personalized labels for kids young and old (and I’ve used Name Bubbles too);
- Hobonichi Cousins Planners and Covers – I had paper planners for years, this year I went full electronic, but this friend’s hearty recommendation may make me return to having a paper version.
- Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies by ambitious kitchen – messy to make but worth it says my friend who adds this to her list;
- Peanut butter fudge – easy and addictive, melt one tub of peanut butter and one tub of icing in the microwave, mix together and refrigerate;
- Parmesan crisps – while this was someone else’s top pick, it’s also one of my go to snacks;
- Lolea red sangria – comes in full and mini sizes at Cost Plus;
- Apple cider mimosas – ‘nuff said;
- Amici Cab – tastes like a $200 cab for closer to $40 (loved hearing this because I just grabbed their Pinot for a dinner party);
- Frago mints – the beauty of chocolate and mint, this is the original.
I don’t know why, but these cracked me up:
- Whataburger ketchup – apparently no other ketchup comes close;
- Earbags – do you imagine an earlobe holding a purse, well don’t, because apparently it is a headband-less set of ear muffs;
- Pickle salsa – seriously y’all, these are little bit’s two favorite food groups, I’m totally trying this as a hysterical as it sounds!
Okay friends, you should be all set for the holidays now!
But don’t stop now! Sound off in the comments and give us YOUR favorite things!!! Food, hack, app, make up, travel destination, YOU PICK IT!