I didn’t have but a few minutes to write today, so here’s a few of my favorite finds from 2014, many of them discovered through you dear reader so keep the tips and requests coming!
1. Favorite new face foundation/powder/cover product – changing from MAC Studio Fix to a daily BB cream was revolutionary for me. I have chronically dry skin so even with moisturizer under my MAC, I still ran dry. My favorite for really making myself up is Dr. Jart’s Black Label Detox BB Cream (particularly if you are pale like me – it looks so finished without foundation). If I’m looking for something lighter, I like both Smashbox and Mary Kay’s CC cream (the former runs a little dark in the travel size).
2. Interesting trend – Creative Camo. Y’all, I’m a girl surrounded by some camo in my life – a husband and two boys and the lot of them are hunters. But camo is popping up in some unique female adult products these days. In everything from these (dare I say) adorable Betsy Johnson pumps to this Chelsey silk and wool scarf. Alas, I can’t bring myself to purchase it – I’m just too city.
3. My ultimate timeless designer – Still Kate Space friends. Would someone slimmer than me please run out and buy this gorgeous A-line bow skirt that is ON SALE at Nordstrom. Yummy! And her handbags are always perfect for the polished career woman – this gray number is perfect.
4. Best new face cleanser – Purity by Philosophy. Smells every so light and fresh and my face is squeaky clean. I just got their intense overnight moisturizer but don’t know enough about if I like it yet.
5. Where I’m late to the party – the Colored Jean! Thank heavens for Kristen showing me the way. You can find them everywhere from Macy’s to Anthropologie (depending on your price point).
6. Lovely color trend– claret or Bordeaux. You have to hit the shade just right, particularly careful of your skin and hair palate, but when you do it’s just lush and elegant. The darling Ashley showed us how to use it best.
So what about you? What was your favorite fashion discovery, shop or trend of the year?